Re: is anybody using ...

From: John Wood <john+opendkim_at_charpa.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:21:49 +0900

> # grep Repu /usr/local/etc/opendkim.conf
> ReputationFail 500
> ReputationPass -100
> ReputationReject 1001
> ReputationRoot al.dkim-reputation.org
>
> I want to see how it compares to others' settings.

I only have logs from 2010 and 2011, but a fairly more informative grep
shows:

   1 x-dkim-rep=fail (444)
   1 x-dkim-rep=fail (506)
   1 x-dkim-rep=fail (648)
   2 x-dkim-rep=fail (597)
   3 x-dkim-rep=fail (193)
   3 x-dkim-rep=fail (500)
   6 x-dkim-rep=fail (274)
  15 x-dkim-rep=fail (100)
 144 x-dkim-rep=pass (-100)
2348 x-dkim-rep=neutral (0)

Until now, I've just set defaults (and not rejected). However I think
that something like:

ReputationFail 200
ReputationPass -100
ReputationReject 1001 (If you really wanted to use this like an RBL, I'd
say anything over 250 or 300)

Might be OK. It is hard to tell from the explanation on
dkim-reputation.org if the spam to reputation ratio is one-to-one or, in
short, how exactly the reputation number is calculated. If I had to
guess, it looks like the first increment is 100 (either way) and after
that ... I'm not sure.

Can someone with a vastly larger amount of data do the same grep above
so we can see a nice spread of reputation results?