Re: Sendmail/Opendkim integration problem

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 20:03:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 8 Oct 2011, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I've attached a slightly munged version of the Sendmail logs when they
> are set to verbose. Looking at the part of opendkim that generates that
> message (opendkim/opendkim.c starting around line 11078) I gather that
> this message only gets generated of the body From of the message is
> missing/null. Is that correct?

More precisely, it's generated if the From: field was absent, or was
present but appeared to be syntactically mangled enough that the user_at_host
in there couldn't be extracted. It's possible to configure opendkim to
search for other fields as well, but the default is just From.

So getting a sample message that creates that log entry would help, as SM
suggested.

-MSK