Re: Signing Table Wildcard?

From: Ole Hansen <ole_at_redvw.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:49:45 -0400

On 9/6/2011 0:53, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2011, Steve Jenkins wrote:
>> Or am I still understanding it incorrectly and just lucking out that
>> this refile: wildcard approach works? :)
>
> No, you nailed it. For an refile, it tries the address against the
> regular expressions it found in the file, with "*" as a wildcard. For
> anything else it does a series of decreasingly precise queries until
> it eventually tries "*", then gives up. The sequence it uses is as
> documented.
>
> -MSK

BTW, if I understand the documentation correctly, "regular expression"
may not be the best name for what refile: does. Does refile: support
anything beyond simple wildcard ("*") matching? When a typical Unix
admin hears "regular expression", he/she thinks of grep. With grep, one
would have to write ".*_at_example\.com$", but could then also do things
like ".*_at_example\.(com|net)$". I guess that's not the case here.

Anyway, just a comment. The wildcard does the job.

Ole