Re: SPF support in opendkim?

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:25:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011, Steve Jenkins wrote:
> Of course, you can do all the same stuff with Bind, but we've found
> Unbound to have the same rock-solid stability and less overhead. We
> really "dig" Unbound (har har... DNS joke).
>
> I haven't linked OpenDKIM against libunbound, however. Murray (or anyone
> else know knows) - what advantages will that yield?

The unbound package (source, anyway) includes both a nameserver and a
resolver library. I haven't used the nameserver, meaning I've never
installed and operated one (though I'm sure by now I've queried one).
The reason OpenDKIM can be linked against unbound is because it includes
DNSSEC support, where the stock bind resolver does not, nor does libar
(yet).

The addition of DNSSEC was seen as important enough by some people that a
contractor was hired to send me a patch to add libunbound support.

-MSK