Re: OpenDKIM v2.4.0 released

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 05:21:43 -0700

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 3:46 AM, Mazzystr <mazzystr_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Do the DomainKeys hook do DomainKeys signing?
>
> I really want to simplify my configuration. I run five sendmail milters plus opendkim milter for the domains that I host. I would be great to consolidate to one milter that handles all signing decisions and signing.

No, it's verification only. But DK is deprecated in favor of DKIM.
Refer to this release note:

>>> IMPORTANT NOTE:  The 2.4.x line of OpenDKIM releases will be the last series
>>> that contains support hooks for DomainKeys.  As of 2.5.0 (late this year or
>>> early next), that support will be discontinued.

So the next major release, the DK support is gone. Personally, I
removed all DK support last year from all the systems I manage and
we're now using only DKIM.

...Todd

--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the