Re: DKIM vs. DomainKeys

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 15:42:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Nate Swenson wrote:
> Is it possible to sign with opendkim in such a way that yahoo will
> report domainkeys=pass?  Or is this something I should even worry
> about?  It seems unfortunate that we can't move away from DomainKeys to
> DKIM.  Or am I misunderstanding something and should I have found this
> information documented somewhere?

My understanding is that Yahoo! is aware of this. They just haven't been
able to schedule the cycles to rework their UI to show the same annotation
for DKIM as well as DomainKeys. It is on their list though.

They still support DomainKeys because there are some important signers out
there (i.e., big phish targets) that still sign only with DomainKeys and
not with DKIM. When they switch, Yahoo! can end-of-life their DomainKeys
support. Unfortunately, that's not happening very fast.

-MSK