Re: OpenDKIM + dk-milter = Overkill

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 21:10:09 -0800

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 2:51 PM, SM <sm_at_resistor.net> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> At 13:55 26-01-11, Steve Jenkins wrote:
>>
>> I couldn't help but notice your message was signed by both. ;)
>
> I see that you noticed that. :-)
>
> The message is not DomainKeys signed to get a better delivery rate.  There
> are some tests which are run from that server for legacy reasons.  It will
> probably be left to run as long as other people find it useful and it is not
> too much work to maintain.  If I recall correctly, there are even some
> unreleased fixes that were applied.

So after testing just now with a Yahoo! Mail account myself, it
appears that Yahoo! puts their little "Signed by DomainKeys" icon on
an incoming message that is signed with DomainKeys, but doesn't put
the icon there (or do anything special in the user interface) if it's
only signed with DKIM.

Again, I have zero data on deliverability comparison, but the fact
that Yahoo! would display an icon (whose intent is clearly to increase
the recipient's trust of a message) only with DK and not with DKIM is
mind-boggling! Are they just being stubborn about their intellectual
property rights around DomainKeys vs. DKIM?

SteveJ