Re: OpenDKIM + dk-milter = Overkill

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:04:40 -0800

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 1:12 AM, Andreas Schulze <sca_at_andreasschulze.de> wrote:
> There ist no benefit for anybody signing twice. Your howto advises
> unprofessionals only a way to an additional error source. They
> will be unable to debug! So you indirect generate trouble!

I appreciate the candid feedback, Andreas.

What perplexes me, however, is that messages sent to me by Google
(alerts, etc.) are signed with both. Why? And even though I can't find
any documentation to back this up, some of my visitors swear they see
better deliverability rates to Yahoo! if they sign with DomainKeys vs.
DKIM. I haven't been able to verify that myself yet, however.

So I guess my question (for anyone) is this: as long as both
signatures are added and no errors occur on the sender side, is there
any technical drawback to signing with both - including the removal of
the v=DKIM1 and g=* arguments from the DNS record?

> Don't teach others riding dead horse.

Awesome. I am SO stealing that reference. :)

SteveJ