InternalHosts

From: jimbob palmer <jimbobpalmer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 21:30:50 +0100

Hello,

Apologies for the possible dupe, it seems the archive is down:
 https://lists.opendkim.org/

I don't really understand what InternalHosts is for - the problem is
the overlap between that config entry and whether a Domain entry
exists for a particular domain.

I have a mail server where only internal hosts (say 192.168.1.0/24),
and authenticated users (any ip in the world) can send e-mail to
outside.
E-mail to outside is only signed if it has a Domain entry.

To make this work, I think I have two options:
1. Setup a separate smptd. One for authenticated/internals users, one
for incoming e-mail.
2. Make InternalHosts cover every ip address in the world.

I don't really understand why option 2. is bad. Can anyone help?

Thanks.