Re: Enabling Statistics

From: Rolf E. Sonneveld <R.E.Sonneveld_at_sonnection.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 00:24:13 +0200

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> [...]

thanks for the information. It looks like it works now, without
problems. Currently I have only installed it in a non-production
environment, tomorrow I hope to install it on two production servers.
When it has run without problems for a day, I'll start sending
statistics to you (albeit anonymized).

One comment or suggestion about statistics: as far as I understand, the
statistics module works for the verifier side of opendkim, correct?
Would there be any use to have the ability to use it from within the
signing module in opendkim? E.g. to gather information about what type
of headers are present in a mail when it gets signed, whether there are
0, 1, 2 or more DKIM-signatures already present, what type of
canonicalization is being used.

As not all inbound traffic has been signed by opendkim, the statistics
for outbound traffic are not the same as the statistics for inbound
traffic, so we increase the amount of useful data this way, don't we?

/rolf