Re: Is my inbound authentication working or not??

From: Daniel Black <daniel.subs_at_internode.on.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:35:07 +1000

On Wednesday 14 July 2010 05:17:59 Stephen eire wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> > in your setup you call opendkim twice for each message.
> > first time when it arrived via smtp an a second time if spamd reinjects
> > the mail via smtp at localhost.
> >
> > You should remove smtpd_milters=...opendkim from main.cf and put it
> > in the master.cf as an option to the external smtp-server
> > (I assume, you have already 2 smtp servers in your master.cf )
>
> I've never managed to get opendkim configured to run as a content_filter.

And it can't be. Opendkim is only a milter unless a specific SMTP talking
application is written that uses its library.

> For the moment i've added no_milters to the 2nd smtp server, which seems to
> have removed the 2nd invocation on opendkim.

I recently improved the documentation to have this effect. The
receive_override_options=no_milters option is a better so I'll use that in the
documentation too.

Is there anything else in the documentation that could be improved?

http://opendkim.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opendkim/opendkim/README?revision=1.9&view=markup

Thanks.

Daniel