RE: Help with dkim_eom(): resource unavailable: d2i_PrivateKey_bio() failed please

From: Stephen eire <ibrokeit2010_at_hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:31:15 +0100

> I have as an open feature request the idea of having opendkim-testkey
> attempt to confirm all of the keys in the KeyTable if one is specified.
> That would catch this in the future (if someone runs opendkim-testkey
> before starting opendkim).
>
> Maybe our startup script in contrib should do that by default, with some
> configuration variable available to defeat it for expert users.
>
> Any thoughts?

A utility similar to testparm for samba would have saved me a lot of head scratching.

Showing the configuration and then walking through the keytable/signingtable and testing the private keys and perhaps returning and verifying DNS data for the associated public keys too?

I don't think there's a need to have it run by default. It could be easily described in the INSTALL document and users can decide themselves if they need to run it?

Stephen

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/