Re: Help with dkim_eom(): resource unavailable: d2i_PrivateKey_bio() failed please

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:09:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, Kaspar Brand wrote:
> Well, OpenDKIM will faithfully add a signature header with whatever
> values you specify for the domain (first part; d=) and the selector
> (second part; s=), but using the second form listed above will only work
> if you manage to get "default" registered/assigned to you as a new TLD
> ;-) Otherwise, a DKIM verifier won't be able to retrieve your public key
> through DNS and can't verify your signatures.

I have as an open feature request the idea of having opendkim-testkey
attempt to confirm all of the keys in the KeyTable if one is specified.
That would catch this in the future (if someone runs opendkim-testkey
before starting opendkim).

Maybe our startup script in contrib should do that by default, with some
configuration variable available to defeat it for expert users.

Any thoughts?