Re: Full regular expressions

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:52:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Rolf,

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Rolf E. Sonneveld wrote:
> at present I have no situations where I could use regular expressions.
> But on the other hand, I love products that are flexible and scaleable.
> So I guess I'd vote 'yes' ;-)

I generally think the same way, but I'd like to avoid it if doing so will
raise the bar a bit in terms of making it accessible to more junior
administrators, for example.

But it did come up in an offlist configuration exercise recently, which is
why I posed the question. (It was supposed to generate a related feature
request, which I've not yet seen, so maybe it's not such an important idea
anyway.)

-MSK