RE: [dkim-milter-discuss] dkim_chunk() and CRLF

From: Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus <stefan_at_seekline.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 13:52:27 +0100

On Fr, 2010-03-12 at 08:41 -0800, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> [...]

Hi Murray,

Nice to hear that the project is still alive. I will drop by and have a
look at OpenDKIM.

> You're right, dkim_chunk() relies on the input having end-of-line being marked by the string "\r\n", just like the rest of the library does. This is standard email practice, and is stated in the documentation for that function (see libopendkim/docs/dkim_chunk.html). Without that, it will end up passing the entire message as a single header to the rest of the library, which will obviously result in a syntax error.

Yeah, this was exactly the behavior I noticed. I put a lot of printf's
into the libdkim and what I noticed was that the entire message was
recognized as one big header ;-) I will try to circumvent this problem
by feeding dkim_header and dkim_body myself. The feature called
"FIXCRLF" looks really promising.

For now I will check out OpenDKIM and probably migrate to this one.
Thanks for your detailed answer.

cheers,
Stefan