Re: link errors on os-x

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 00:23:02 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Maarten Oelering wrote:
> I am trying to build opendkim on OS-X 10.4.11 (Tiger). I managed to get past
> a list of compilation errors due to bind library issues by using:
>
> export CFLAGS=-DBIND_8_COMPAT
> ./configure --disable-filter
> make
>
> Now I keep on running into the following link errors:
>
> ld: multiple definitions of symbol _algorithms
> .libs/libopendkim_la-dkim-tables.o private external definition of _algorithms
> in section (__DATA,__data)
> .libs/libopendkim_la-dkim.o private external definition of _algorithms in
> section (__DATA,__common)
> ld: multiple definitions of symbol _canonicalizations
> .libs/libopendkim_la-dkim-tables.o private external definition of
> _canonicalizations in section (__DATA,__data)
> .libs/libopendkim_la-dkim.o private external definition of _canonicalizations
> in section (__DATA,__common)
> .
> .
> .
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make[2]: *** [libopendkim.la] Error 1
>
> I tried a few hints found with google, but nothing seems to work.
>
> Anyone had the same problem, or has any ideas for me?

Try changing all the lines that start with "struct" in
libopendkim/dkim-tables.h by prepending them with "extern", so for
example, change:

         struct nametable *policyresults;

...to:

         extern struct nametable *policyresults;

I don't have an OS-X machine on which to try this, so please give it a go
and let us know if that fixes it for you.