link errors on os-x

From: Maarten Oelering <maarten_at_oelering.nl>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 08:41:40 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to build opendkim on OS-X 10.4.11 (Tiger). I managed to
get past a list of compilation errors due to bind library issues by
using:

export CFLAGS=-DBIND_8_COMPAT
./configure --disable-filter
make

Now I keep on running into the following link errors:

ld: multiple definitions of symbol _algorithms
.libs/libopendkim_la-dkim-tables.o private external definition of
_algorithms in section (__DATA,__data)
.libs/libopendkim_la-dkim.o private external definition of
_algorithms in section (__DATA,__common)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol _canonicalizations
.libs/libopendkim_la-dkim-tables.o private external definition of
_canonicalizations in section (__DATA,__data)
.libs/libopendkim_la-dkim.o private external definition of
_canonicalizations in section (__DATA,__common)
.
.
.
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [libopendkim.la] Error 1

I tried a few hints found with google, but nothing seems to work.

Anyone had the same problem, or has any ideas for me?

Thanks,

Maarten O.