Re: Install Issue (openssl-1.0.0*)

From: Daniel Black <daniel.subs_at_internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 07:59:39 +1100

On Thursday 12 November 2009 03:47:39 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> [...]
It does work easier with 0.9.8 however I assumed you installed 1.0.0 for a
reason (more that just to test our code), The workaround previously described
does work.

if you want to use 1.0.0 you currently need to install the shared library bits
of openssl-1.0.0*

> It appears from Daniel's investigation that openssl
> v1.0.0-beta4 requires libresolv,
that was a fault of ours that we're working on fixing. The LIBS=-lresolv is
needed on Linux to work around this problem.

> and so the tests for ERR_peek_error()
the configure test of ERR_peek_error didn't try to even link this against the
static libcrypto.a. I don't know why (yet).

SSL_library_init failed because it needed to be linked against libssl as well
as crypto. With shared libraries this is detected.

These were just library checks failed failed. The code linkage actually
worked. switching to shared libraries resolved this library check problem.

> It's possible that
> 0.9.8 and prior didn't have this dependency so you might find it works

yep - some more detailed checking will be done so future libopendkim versions
work with openssl-1.0.0 and 0.9.8 and 0.9.7.