Re: opendkim-2.8.4 Beta1 available

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 18:04:16 -0700

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Scott Kitterman <ietf-dkim_at_kitterman.com>wrote:

> Have you considered building your Fedora package against libsd:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/libbsd
>
> Generally, I think it's better to use system libraries when you can and
> opendkim will use its string.h in place of strl.h when it's present.

Hey, Scott. It wouldn't be possible for the EL5 package, since libbsd isn't
shown as availble for that platform:

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/libbsd

Technically, it would be doable for EL6... but I already have two branches
of the spec file (based on whether it's built for a SystemV vs. a systemd
environment) so I'd rather keep it branched that way for now.

The good news is that I should be able to try it with the systemd branch,
because that applies to Fedora 17+, all of which have active releases of
libbsd.

I'll tinker around with that now and see what I get. I've never built any
packages against libbsd before -- am I going to need to reference it
throughout the spec file wherever needed? Or is there a compile time option
(like --include=libbsd) already in opendkim?

Thanks,

SteveJ