Re: On-* quarantine fails

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:55:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013, Claus Assmann wrote:
> If Quarantine is not set globally, but selected for an On-* option, then
> that is not communicated to libmilter and hence a quarantine call will
> fail (the return code is ignored).
>
> An attempt for a patch is attached -- it fixes the bug for me, but maybe
> not in general?

The Quarantine flag was added before the advent of mlfi_negotiate() if I
recall correctly, so I wonder if we could get rid of it now. The logic
could be something like:

1) Determine if quarantining is available either through mlfi_negotiate()
or, in its absence, "#ifdef SMFIF_QUARANTINE" (or maybe through autoconf
detection on smfi_quarantine()).

2) At runtime, if an On-* setting asks for quarantining and it wasn't
found to be available in (1) above, return an error.

That way we get automate away a config file option and command line flag
we probably no longer need. Does that seem reasonable?

-MSK