Re: opendkim-2.8.0: t-test49 fails on dkim_cach_stats()

From: Scott Kitterman <ietf-dkim_at_kitterman.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:10:04 -0500

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 08:17:35 PM Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2013, Hirohisa Yamaguchi wrote:
> > libopendkim t-test49 does not seem to reflect the change in
> > dkim_cache_stats()
> The bug was reported only after the release was done. My test suite of
> libdb versions doesn't include 4.1 through 4.4, for which the db->stat()
> function had a different prototype.
>
> I take it the patch now on "develop" does solve the problem?

FWIW, I think you can certainly be excused for not testing releases so old
that the newest of them seems to have been released in 2005. FreeBSD 9.1 is a
relatively new release isn't it? Surely it has a DB from this decade? Is
there is, wouldn't it be better just to declare a minimum version rather than
support the myriad possible incompatibilities? As a paraphrase of the old
joke about the myth of the turtle on whose back the world rides, old DB
versions are incompatibilities all the way down.

Scott K