Re: Fwd: [SCM] opendkim branch, develop, updated. 3fb02de7467854fc70e0a7ebf5fe66357efa260e

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 04:39:40 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013, Daniel Black wrote:
> Reversed the meaning of -l - So now previous scripts that people are
> using now it does the exact opposite.
>
> Not a good compatibility. Recommend adding a new flag for disabling
> syslog and keeping the -l there with the same meaning for compatibility.

I think the idea of having two different command line flags that mean the
exact opposite thing to be even less palatable. If this is an issue, I'd
prefer to remove "-l" completely, or at least ignore it in favour of
controlling logging via the configuration file.

Also, if "-l" means "do logging" which is now also the default, then "-l"
should at best be ignored now.

This is a major release, so this is the right place to make a backward
compatibility breaking change.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

-MSK