Re: Problems with RPM for 2.8.0-Beta2

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 15:15:55 -0800

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>wrote:
>
>> [looping opendkim-dev back in]
>>
>> I suspect that the following are true:
>>
>> 1) If you change the owner of the file to root, it'll be happy.
>>

> Yep! Doing so worked.
>

>> 2) If you do "su opendkim" before starting the daemon, it'll be happy.
>>

> opendkim user doesn't have have shell access on my system, but I changed
> that temporarily, did "su opendkim" and then launched it, but it still
> choked.
>
> 3) If you have RunAsUser set to "opendkim", it should also work but right
>> now I can see why it doesn't; this test is done before setuid() is called,
>> so the check "Does someone other than me (root at that point) and root have
>> write access to this?" comes back "yes", making this check fail, and you
>> get the error you're seeing. It's a bug, and I need to fix it.
>

> I have "UserID opendkim:opendkim" in the opendkim.conf file - is that the
> same thing?

Also, if I uncomment the example line in /etc/opendkim/KeyTable so it reads:

default._domainkey.example.com example.com:
default:/etc/opendkim/keys/default.private

and then uncommend the KeyTable location parameter in opendkim.conf, it
starts fine. So does that mean startup only checks the key ownership for
the KeyFile parameter, but not for keys in the KeyTable?

SteveJ