Re: Problems with RPM for 2.8.0-Beta2

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 15:09:19 -0800

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>wrote:

> [looping opendkim-dev back in]
>
> I suspect that the following are true:
>
> 1) If you change the owner of the file to root, it'll be happy.

Yep! Doing so worked.

> 2) If you do "su opendkim" before starting the daemon, it'll be happy.

opendkim user doesn't have have shell access on my system, but I changed
that temporarily, did "su opendkim" and then launched it, but it still
choked.

3) If you have RunAsUser set to "opendkim", it should also work but right
> now I can see why it doesn't; this test is done before setuid() is called,
> so the check "Does someone other than me (root at that point) and root have
> write access to this?" comes back "yes", making this check fail, and you
> get the error you're seeing. It's a bug, and I need to fix it.

I have "UserID opendkim:opendkim" in the opendkim.conf file - is that the
same thing?

SteveJ