RE: dkim-rep works (was 2.4.0.Beta3 available )

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:40:15 -0700

My preference is to use a default that doesn't interfere with delivery at all.

That said, if dkim-reputation.org wants to post a recommended default value, I'd be fine with using that.

> - The lasts months I run all dkim-signer with "BodyLengths yes". This option does not
> exist anymore. Without this setting the whole body is signed an any ML appending a footer
> will destroy my signatures. Right ?
> What is the suggested way / recomendation ??

The general chatter about use of "l=" reached the point where the working group considered removing it completely. Based on the technical arguments presented, I decided to force people to be more deliberate in how it's used.

If you want the previous functionality of BodyLengths, use:

BodyLengthDB csl:*

This means you're explicitly saying you always want it used, rather than the previous fire-and-forget Boolean setting that can result in you not realizing you're using it when you might not really want to.

> - I build opendkim always with a little patch to tell me if a default configfile will be used.
> I find it usefull ...
> I think, I should open a feature request !?

Possibly; can you post an example of the output you're looking for?

-MSK