Re: Planning ahead once again

From: Daniel Black <daniel.subs_at_internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:36:08 +1100

On Thursday 28 October 2010 04:45:13 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> With 28 feature requests open, it's probably time to start thinking about
> what we might want to include in the next major release (2.3.0), which I'd
> like to do in mid-February with a one-month Beta cycle leading up to it.
>
> My usual goal is to fix all open bugs, and implement as many RFEs as is
> practical, in a major release. Lack of available time often makes one or
> both of those impossible, but that's always the goal.
>
> I posted earlier, on Daniel's suggestion, about the idea of selecting a
> "theme" for this release based on the current RFE set and industry trends.
> Apart from one facetious suggestion ("Pirates!"), there haev been no
> replies. I still think it would be a good idea but its absence won't be
> an obstruction.

How about "polish" as a theme. Work towards making sure all documentation
absolutely correct and easily digestable. Work towards git migration so that a
hydra automated test can be setup (and automatic package generation). And
adding test case coverage to reduce the risk of regressions.

> I'd like to invite everyone to peruse the RFE list and suggest a few that
> would be really good to have in the next release.

less is more - get advanced features into lua interfaces and reduce/simplify
some options.