Planning ahead once again

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:45:13 -0700 (PDT)

With 28 feature requests open, it's probably time to start thinking about
what we might want to include in the next major release (2.3.0), which I'd
like to do in mid-February with a one-month Beta cycle leading up to it.

My usual goal is to fix all open bugs, and implement as many RFEs as is
practical, in a major release. Lack of available time often makes one or
both of those impossible, but that's always the goal.

I posted earlier, on Daniel's suggestion, about the idea of selecting a
"theme" for this release based on the current RFE set and industry trends.
Apart from one facetious suggestion ("Pirates!"), there haev been no
replies. I still think it would be a good idea but its absence won't be
an obstruction.

I'd like to invite everyone to peruse the RFE list and suggest a few that
would be really good to have in the next release. Maybe base it on what
you think would be most useful, especially if you have some current pain
points. Those of you tracking the standards activity might have some
insight into what will be most useful in the near future.

I'd like to begin development in early December. If anyone wants to take
on a particular task, pleae let me know.

-MSK