Re: Problems with stats

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 23:37:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 4 Sep 2010, Graham Murray wrote:
> 1) If opendkim-stats (or some other program) has the stats file open
> when the opendkim wants to write a stats record, the open in append
> mode fails and not only is that entry not made but the opendkim stops
> recording stats.

That's odd, because the new code does an fopen() and doesn't do any
locking at all. What sorts of errors other than permissions errors or
disk full, etc. could cause such a problem? Whatever they are, they
should be logged.

The freezing of stats recording is a hold-over from the previous version
when it was a hash table instead of a flat file. I've removed that for
the next Beta.

> 2) README lists 20 fields in signature records, opendkim-stats expects
> 19 but there are only 18 in the outputted record. This causes
> opendkim-stats to give an "an expected field count" error for every
> stats line.

What are your build-time options? This is a bug with
"--enable-diffheaders" that I also found earlier today, but it wasn't
happening before I turned that on. With that compiled, the output was one
field short. I'll attach a patch that fixes this. If you're not using
that then something else must be wrong.

I've fixed the README in CVS. There are only 19 fields.

> 3) Opendkim-stats is looking for the wrong index number for the number
> of header lines and whether the mail has come via a mailing list.

The first part of your patch looks right. I've applied it for the next
Beta. Thank you!

-MSK