Re: opendkim(8) manual patch

From: Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 20:55:37 -0700

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 07:29:51PM -0700, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org> wrote:
> My rationale for stuff to leave on the command line was to include things
> that might change often or be particularly useful to tweak while testing
> or experimenting with the code. This one seemed to me likely to remain
> fairly static.

Fair enough. I have a use case for it, but it's pretty specific to
package maintainers: using command-line instead of config file means an
init script can rely on the value for startup and shutdown.

That's also the only use case I can think of for it, though. I can crack
that nut with a local patch to create a default, or by checking the
config file for an argument (but that requires the config file to
contain it, which it may not already). Since opendkim has yet to release
in Debian stable, it's not such a big deal for me, but I can't say the
same for Ubuntu, which has released with 2.0.2...

--
Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>