Re: opendkim-2.1.0.Beta2 Too many open files

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 00:30:13 -0700 (PDT)

I found in trying to reproduce your problem that both libdb and libunbound
have a function called log_file(). In my case it would constantly
segfault on startup causing a fork()/exec() loop. It could be that
libunbound is trying to call its log_file() with a NULL pointer (which is
intentional) during initialization, but libdb's function is actually what
gets called and it doesn't like the NULL pointer.

In your case, perhaps it gets it right during startup, but later it calls
libdb's log_file() function by mistake, which opens something that's never
closed, hence a descriptor leak.

If I switched to static libraries, it wouldn't even compile because of the
name conflict.

Does anyone have any good suggestions, other than patching libunbound to
rename the function, for how this could get resolved?