opendkim-2.1.0.Beta2 Too many open files

From: <ca35763+dkim_at_realsimplemail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:35:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

Had a problem this afternoon. The milter crashed after several "Too many
open files" messages.

I have a large core file:

-rw------- 1 root root 338735104 2010-06-02 18:07 core

gdb says no debugging symbols found. I'm not sure why. It was built
with:

./configure \
    --with-milter \
    --with-openssl \
    --with-unbound \
    --enable-debug \
    --enable-stats

It had been running about 6 days. About 600 emails/day.

Attached is the output of an "awk '/opendkim/' /var/log/maillog >
dkimlog.txt" showing some of the messages as it failed. I can provide
the whole maillog for that time period privately.

Let me know if there is anything I should look for or try.

Thanks