Re: Successful LDAP signing test

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:13:42 -0800 (PST)

Actually, I think the PEM functions inside libcrypto will work if the
header and footer are removed. Note that a DKIM public key doesn't have
them, for example. That data is passed as-is, without decoding, to the
PEM functions inside libcrypto when signing is about to occur.

Would it be difficult to use LDIF to insert base64-encoded keys if you
just take the base64 part of a PEM key, without header/footer/newlines?
If so, we don't need to support DER explicitly.