Re: stupid question on LDAP support

From: Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 00:01:04 -0800

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 10:59:36PM -0800, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org> wrote:
> The database you're using is defined such that it specifies what it
> expects back from whatever you put there.
>
> Two related examples might help illustrate this better: The KeyTable (and
> most other tables we currently have) is a table that expects to provide a
> sender (user_at_host or maybe just host) and get back the name of a key to
> use for signing. In that case, for LDAP, you would specify an LDAP URI
> naming a single attribute. The SigningTable is a table that expects to
> provide a key name and get back three things: a domain name, a selector
> name, and a private key. In that case your LDAP URI would name the three
> attributes your LDAP server uses to store those data, and responses would
> be cut apart and used accordingly.

So realistically, my KeyTable will be passed the... domain or email
address in $d? And should return one attribute? And the SigningTable
will be passed the contents of THAT attribute (again in $d) and should
return three attributes?

--
Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>
The California crunch really is the result of not enough power to power