Re: Review request: br-msk-lua, br-msk-libprofiling

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:01:15 -0800

Hi Murray,
At 16:34 22-12-09, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>These are ready to merge to the trunk, but I need a reviewer before
>I can proceed.

[snip]

>br-msk-lua adds policy scripting hooks to the Lua interpreter. You
>need to configure using "--with-lua" to enable the new code. There
>is a man page called opendkim/opendkim-

Opendkim was configured with the above option. I got:

opendkim/opendkim.c:2804: undefined reference to `dkim_get_reputation'

opendkim/opendkim.c:3944: undefined reference to `dkim_default_senderhdrs'

opendkim/opendkim.c:5633: undefined reference to `dkim_should_signhdrs'

opendkim/opendkim.c:5608: undefined reference to `dkim_should_not_signhdrs'

opendkim/opendkim.c:8065: undefined reference to `dkim_mail_parse'

I also see some undefined references for some ar_ functions. We will
have to enable the required features when the "--with-lua" switch is
used. We can do that after the merge.

>lua.3 that explains how it all works from the user's
>perspective. opendkim/opendkim.conf.5 now describes the three
>config file options that reference Lua scripts and how they are
>used. opendkim/opendkim-lua.c contains all the interpeter hooks, and
>a number of accessor/utility functions have been added to
>opendkim/opendkim.c; these are called by the interpreter hooks to
>access data about a message or make signing requests. The only
>thing I still want to do before releasing this is to write a batch
>of Lua scripts that replicate all of the currently-available policy
>and control functions to demonstrate the versatility of the
>feature. The branch also includes a new directory called
>"miltertest" that contains a Lua-based utility that knows the milter protocol,

Thanks for writing that utility. It will come in handy.

Let's get this code into trunk as it will turn opendkim in a
versatile filter which can do much more than DKIM.

Regards,
-sm