Re: test 70 error on 1.2.0

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 11:06:23 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Daniel Black wrote:
> with diffheaders (tre version - 0.7.5)
>
> still looking...

Sorry, missed the attachment:

> Breakpoint 1, dkim_eom (dkim=0x8a8cd0, testkey=0x0) at dkim.c:3646
> 3646 else if (sig->sig_error == DKIM_SIGERROR_KEYFAIL)
> (gdb) p sig->sig_error
> No symbol "sig" in current context.
> (gdb) p dkim->dkim_siglist[0]->sig_error
> $1 = 24

Yep, that's DKIM_SIGERROR_KEYFAIL.

Did you run this test specifically (e.g. "./t-test70" from the shell
prompt)? If so, the keys it needs to verify probably aren't available.
"t-setup", which is run first, creates a temporary file at the beginning
of the test suite, and "t-cleanup", which is run last, removes it. These
are the files the key retrieval functions use during testing, and their
absence results in this error.

This is a holdover from the old "devtools" test environment. Maybe the
right thing to do now is to have that file always present in the "tests"
directory, and we can drop t-setup and t-cleanup.

Internally, dkim_get_key() ends up calling either dkim_get_key_dns() or
dkim_get_key_file() depending on whetehr or not the signature indicates
the key is available in DNS or via a flat file. The test suite (t-setup)
creates the flat file, and then each test binds the library to use
file-based keys. This is done so that one can run "make check" on an
unconnected laptop and still get correct results.

All of the verification tests will fail if you run them outside of that
environment.

> Breakpoint 2, main (argc=<value optimized out>, argv=<value optimized out>) at t-test70.c:162
> 162 assert(status == DKIM_STAT_BADSIG);
> (gdb) p status
> $2 = 11

Yep, 11 is DKIM_STAT_KEYFAIL, matching the conditions above.