Re: Scalability

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 13:27:29 -0800

Hi Murray,
At 08:50 19-12-2009, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>The question remains: If we drop KeyList in favour of KeyTable,
>people will lose some granularity. So is it OK to drop arbitrary
>wildcard/pattern capability in favour of a system that will query
>user_at_host.domain, host.domain and domain only? If the answer is
>"yes", I'm fine with that. I just want to be sure.

We have the"standard" version and the newer versions with SQL
support. There is a category of users who will find the standard
version useful as they don't need scalability. The wildcard/pattern
capability is still useful in the standard version as there are some
knobs for choosing the selector. The SQL version is geared for an
environment where the user needs to manage the different feature and
provide for user_at_domain or @domain types of DKIM signing.

It is better to extend the feature so that the KeyList would be a
hook for querying SQL/LDAP for the same information.

Regards,
-sm.