The next couple of months

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:06:20 -0800 (PST)

I'm going to have limited availability over the next couple of months for
personal reasons (nothing major, just starting a family!), so I'd like to
mention my current plan for releases and development work.

I'm hoping to release 1.2.0 on December 14th. We've been in Beta for a
little while now and so far it's been mostly quiet. Once that's done, I
don't anticipate doing anything other than major bug fix releases until I
return to a more regular schedule.

The current state of open branches:

- br-msk-lua -- initial development and testing of the Lua hacks to
opendkim are done, but require a little documentation about the
interaction between the basic feature set and the Lua scripts, and I would
like to write a set of scripts that reproduce the current behaviour of the
existing functions; miltertest is done and tested, but I really want to
write a thorough-as-possible battery of opendkim unit tests before
releasing this code; also, this branch needs a good review before I merge
it back to the trunk

- br-msk-doxygen -- currently dormant due to lack of time, but I intend to
return to it at some point

- br-1-1 -- will be closed when 1.2.0 is released, and br-1-2 will be
created

- br-dblack-codecoverage -- Daniel will have to comment on this, but I
would like to have some library test code coverage data so we can write a
few more tests to get as close to complete library coverage as possible
and, eventually, code coverage reports about the opendkim unit tests

...and of open tracker items not already addressed in 1.2.0:

- bug SF2903325, tons of signed vs. unsigned warnings on Solaris builds
         - not major, just annoying and would be nice to clean them up

- RFE SF2874043, ADSPDiscardable reject for email lists addresses
         - non-critical

Let me know if you have any questions or other feedback.

-MSK