1.2.0 betas

From: Daniel Black <daniel.subs_at_internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 00:32:11 +1100

On Tuesday 10 November 2009 16:50:50 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> Made big progress with this over the weekend. I'm testing my diffs now and
> hope to upload them tomorrow evening after I've done some pretty rigorous
> testing.

sounds good.

> Modifications to libopendkim to support this were minimal, but opendkim
> took quite a beating. Basically I have to activate
> _FFR_MULTIPLE_SIGNATURES, which is probably not a bad idea anyway, just to
> get the baseline code to a place where _FFR_RESIGN can go in nicely.

ok by me.

anything else we want to move from _FFR to FEATURE status?

thinking:
stats
identityheader
selectorheader
reportintervals
sendermacro

> The
> hard part: opendkim had been designed up to this point with the idea in
> mind that a transaction involves either signing or verifying, and never
> both. Quite a bit of code rearrangement was needed to introduce the idea
> of both being done at once. However, it's finally taken shape.
>
> I have something that compiles cleanly and libopendkim has unit tests to
> match. I'll be testing all sorts of build and runtime stuff tomorrow
> evening to get it ready to commit and review.
>
> I'd like to start Betas this weekend for 1.2.0, which gives us a couple of
> weeks to shake out the bugs.
I've got an hour presentation slot at OSDC (open source developers conference)
where I can talk about bits of OpenDKIM. A near stable release by then (24th
November) would be good. (I'm not one for releasing too early either).

> Any objections?
nope.

Stuff that's been mentioned and is it planned for 1.2.0?

- statistics gathering
- doxygen doco
- milter test framework
- libopendkim tests to a subdirectory

- policy API framework (guessing this is going to wait)

Ok. I'll set some branches up for my goals:

1. br-dblack-autoconf

m4 subdirectory for macros
pkg-config detection
.pc delivery for our libraries
full FEATURE macros in configure.ac
man page generation for opendkim (include doco for FFR bits and tag
experimental in man pages if enabled)

2. br-dblack-asyncdns

async dns stuff that I need to get back on track

3. br-dblack-tpalabels

FFR

may branch off br-dblack-asyncdns

2. br-dblack-testconverage

Generate some html pages of our libopendkim test coverage