Re: splitting configure.ac into libopendkim/configure.ac?

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 23:15:27 -0700

Hi Daniel,
At 22:22 06-10-2009, Daniel Black wrote:
>Because libopendkim is conditionally dependant on a number of libraries it
>requires some rework to generate Libs.private field dependant on
>configuration
>options. To do this the libopendkim/Makefile.am LIBADD conditionals
>need to be
>moved to configure.ac.

I don't know any (open) packages that use libopendkim at the
moment. The changes you suggested may be worthwhile for people who
want to have the library only. I'll need some time before commenting further.

>On infrastructure:
>is there any buildbot farms this project could take advantage of?

Unfortunately, no. But we compile the code regularly on several
operating systems and we run the code in a production environment
before doing a release.

>is there any mailarchives? if not can gmane/mailarchive host them?

I'm to blame for this as I haven't made the archives publicly available yet.

>is creating a list for cvs worthwhiile? I couldn't get the RSS of
>code commits
>to show anything.

There is already a list for CVS. Send an email to
opendkim-cvs-request at the lists.opendkim.org domain.

Regards,
-sm