Re: opendkim.init

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:07:19 -0700

At 16:00 10-09-2009, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>I just tried using contrib/opendkim.init with Solaris /bin/sh and it
>didn't work, probably because a number of bash extensions that
>aren't present in /bin/sh on Solaris.

The script follows LSB. Solaris does not follow LSB. /bin/sh has
its quirks on different operating systems.

> Do we want a single script that works in any environment or should
> we plan eventually to provide one for each major system (Linux, *BSD, Solaris)?

No, it is not worthwhile having a single script for any
environment. I expect that the BSD people will use
ports/packages. That maintainer may push the script upstream if we
ask. Let's leave contrib/ for contributions and focus on the
opendkim part for now.

Regards,
-sm