Re: v1.1.0 release pending

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 00:48:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, Mike Markley wrote:
> Indeed. In the arches that it's failing on (which, frustratingly,
> doesn't include mine), it is dn_expand() & co that are missing. A
> popular fix seems to be to check for __res_mkquery instead, but I have
> no idea how portable that is.

I'd rather check for a somewhat visible function (rather than one that's
intended not to be visible). If you change your copy of configure.ac to
look for dn_expand() instead, does that solve the problem?

I'm fairly confident I could have checks for both res_mkquery() and
dn_expand() and they wouldn't step on each other, so if you want to make
that change it's fine by me.