Re: [opendkim-dev] questions on opendkim-1.0.0

From: Hirohisa Yamaguchi <umq.461_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:53:12 +0900

Hi,

At Thu, 27 Aug 2009 07:24:59 -0700 (PDT),
Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> --disable-arlib was supported by configure but didn't do what you'd
> expect in 1.0.0; it would still compile the library but just not use
> it (i.e. it would not define USE_ARLIB when compiling other
> components).

> In 1.1.0, it won't even compile unless you specifically request it
> with --enable-arlib. By default, the stock resolver is used.

I've checked out the CVS HEAD code, and it looks okay.

> >> 3. I want to set db include path and library path separately.
> >> When bdb libraries are installed using FreeBSD ports,
> >> they use something like:
> >> -I/usr/local/include/db46 -L/usr/local/lib/db46

> > You can do that through CFLAGS and LDFLAGS. Please post a note if
> > that does not work for you.

> On the other hand, if it's become common practise to provide configure
> options to specify those separately, I guess we should as well. Is
> that the case? I note that the NTP package does, for example.

For Berkeley DB libraries installed with FreeBSD ports, CFLAGS and
LDFLAGS work okay, since they are in dedicated directories.

There's some environment that has different versions of library in
different directory and argument order of the linker matters.

 # e.g. I've met a problem where libcrypto from OpenSSL 0.9.7 in /usr
 # and from 0.9.8 in /usr/local, `bld_dkim_filter_INCDIRS' was for
 # such situations iirc.

end
	Hirohisa Yamaguchi
	  umq.461_at_gmail.com