Re: On SF#226 Header-Microsoft:<newline><space>header-value; white spaces in DKIM—Signature and such

From: Дилян Палаузов <dilyan.palauzov_at_aegee.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 00:01:29 +0000

Hello,

you write, that
1. OpenDKIM is unable to parse AR-header,…
2. resulting OpenDMARC to fail

To my knowledge, OpenDKIM does not parse AR-headers, it inserts AR-header, which OpenDMARC parses.

Please clarify
* where does that unparsable Authentication-Results header originate from,
* what is OpenDKIM supposed to do with it,
* how the header looks exactly,
* how does the header inserted by OpenDKIM look exactly, and
* whether forwarding unchanged/redirecting/sending the problematic mail to yahoo/gmail/hotmail does validate DKIM-
Signature?

If yahoo/gmail/hotmail validate the unchanged email, then the problem is probably with opendkim/your site.

OpenDKIM is offered in source code. You can ask your distribution to include that patch. The patch was usable at the
time and is integrated in the develop branch (https://github.com/trusteddomainproject/OpenDKIM/commits/develop).

I am not an oracle to tell you, whether it is better to integrate the three-years-old patch yourself, wait for a new
stable OpenDKIM version to be released and offered by your distribution, or to contact your distribution to integrate
just the significant patches.

Regards
  Дилян