Re: GnuTLS and Ed25519

From: Scott Kitterman <ietf-dkim_at_kitterman.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 18:37:23 +0000

The Exim implementation of DKIM/Ed25519 uses GnuTLS. You can probably look at their code to see how they handled it.

This was also discussed during the IETF DCRUP (DKIM Crypto UPdate) working group. The WG mailing list archive will have information on this.

The Ed25519 public keys that go in DNS are definitely not ASN.1. I don't recall about private keys and GnuTLS. For libsodium, they aren't ASN.1. For my dkimpy-milter, I use Base64 encoded binary for the private keys.

Scott K