Re: BodyLength Question

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 06:26:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015, Ben Parrish wrote:
> Thanks for the reply,
> I was searching around to see what option it was, and came across a
> dkim-filter.conf sample from 2012
> (https://github.com/pld-linux/dkim-milter/blob/master/dkim-filter.conf) and
> it listed BodyLengths in there. I had tried to add it into my opendkim.conf
> file but after an attempt to restart opendkim, I got an error message saying
> that there was an invalid parameter at that line. With a little more
> searching around I found in a feature request on source forge
> (http://sourceforge.net/p/opendkim/feature-requests/102/) that deprecates
> BodyLengths in favor of BodyLengthsDB dated back to June 2011 in version
> 2.3.2 I believe.
>
> Murray, looks like you created and closed it.

Ah, you're right. So long ago. :-)

It was turned into a DB instead of a list, and renaming it was probably
done to make it clear that there was an operational change, and probably
also because we were pretty sure nobody was using it.

It's now a "data set", which means you can make it anything from a simple
string, to a file containing a list, to one containing regular
expressions, up to complex SQL queries and the like.

-MSK