Re: Opendkim on-(error) configs for production systems?

From: <jasonsu_at_mail-central.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 06:59:04 -0700

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016, at 05:26 AM, A. Schulze wrote:
> > On-SignatureError

> it implies that any message with a invalid DKIM signature will be
> rejected by OpenDKIM.

Hm. That's what I though On-BadSignature does, too. What's the difference?

> no, what I mean is:

> but not reject any message
> but not reject any message
> (your instances above) and let this instance decide if a message will
> be accepted or rejected.

Got it. At least the 'doing' part. I'm still undecided/unclear on the experience/recommendation of also rejecting early on SPF- & DKIM- fails.

> we usually only run
> Notice that OpenDMARC ( latest Version 1.3.1 + a huge number of patches)

Yep, found those. Thanks!

> could do job of SPF checking. see https://andreasschulze.de/dmarc/opendmarc

The reason I did NOT do this was BECAUSE I'd thought it was best to "test light & test early" with SPF_only reject-on-FAIL etc.

Still need to get my head around what's real-world-recommended and, "why".

Thanks!

Jason