Re: What is the need for 8bit -> 7bit conversion in the newest opendkim?

From: <lists42_at_tutanota.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 21:30:35 +0100 (BST)

> Maybe somebody on this list is able to write a simple 8to7-Bit conversion
> milter
> that may work in front of a DKIM signer.

I learned from another to do it in amavisd after-queue content filter with a
policy bank that only does the conversion

    $policy_bank{'FORCE_7BIT_MIME'} = {
      originating => 1,
      protocol => 'SMTP',
      forward_method => 'smtp:[127.0.0.1]:12345',
      bypass_banned_checks_maps => [1],
      bypass_decode_parts => 0,
      bypass_header_checks_maps => [1],
      bypass_spam_checks_maps => [1],
      bypass_virus_checks_maps => [1],
      enable_dkim_signing => 0,
      enable_dkim_verification => 0,
      smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords => ['8BITMIME'],
    };

And

    smtp:[127.0.0.1]:12345

is the 'next' smtpd listener in Postfix which then does the opendkim signing.

But like you say I think this does this for all messages not just for the
recipients that do not support 8BITMIME.

I dont understand how much of a problem that is.

And that uses amavis, which I do not use for anything else in authentication
any more.  So it is a shame to have the whole amavisd just for this.