DMARC analysis shows 2.02% aligned

From: Phil Stracchino <phils_at_caerllewys.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 23:41:40 -0400

I'm sending my test (p=none) reports to dmarcanalyzer.com for parsing,
and getting a result back of only 2.02% DMARC aligned. (96% have valid
SPF though; all of the messages that failed SPF were relayed by mit.edu.)

I don't actually have a great deal of outgoing email, and the vast
majority of mail that *IS* received that is originally sent from my
domain is received via mailing lists I'm subscribed to. I don't know
whether these messages are failing because the mailing list servers
don't have DKIM enabled, or because DKIM doesn't "pass through" mailing
lists. I'm assuming both are probably true. When I send a test message
directly to dmarcanalyzer's DMARC check/test service, it passes with
flying colors.

Does this mean I'm basically screwed for DMARC/DKIM? I daren't tell any
sites to reject non-DMARC-aligned mail from my domain, if 96% of the
people *receiving* email from my domain are receiving it via relays or
mailing lists that are dropping my DKIM (and sometimes my SPF as well)
on the floor.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications