Re: OpenDKIM Most Useful "Default" Compile-time Options?

From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah_at_zimbra.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 09:59:14 -0800

--On Friday, January 15, 2016 4:01 PM -0800 Steve Jenkins
<steve_at_stevejenkins.com> wrote:

> The recent discussion kicked off by Fabio S. about having to manually
> compiling OpenDKIM with the "--enable-sender_macro" because it's not in
> the default Ubuntu package has me once again thinking about what are the
> most useful compile-time options to have available in packaged versions
> of OpenDKIM... particularly the Fedora/EPEL package that I currently
> maintain.
>

> The Fedora/EPEL versions compile with the following:
>

> --with-odbx --with-db --with-libmemcached --with-openldap

I'd suggest linking to LDMB (--with-lmdb) over BDB, or at least linking to
both, given that BDB's generally being phased out of most distributions due
to the hostile licensing changes by Oracle. I also do --enable-poll for
linux builds.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount