Can't create temporary file

From: John Swartzentruber <johnslists_at_mcswartz.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 20:33:36 -0400

Hi,

I have a small virtual server that I use for personal email, websites,
testing, etc. A couple days ago, I finally got around to installing
OpenDKIM on it, but I've not been able to get it to work. I've been
using Linux servers for over a decade, but only as a hobby.

CentOS 6.7
Postfix 2.6.6
I installed OpenDKIM using yum.

When I start the opendkim service, I get this error and I am unable to
send messages:

Oct 23 20:10:09 arthur opendkim[12038]: 15C995FF72: dkim_eoh(): resource
unavailable: can't create temporary file at
/var/tmp/dkim.15C995FF72.vH778c: Permission denied

When I stop the OpenDKIM service, I can send email, but obviously it
isn't signed with DKIM.

I've tried various values for TemporaryDirectory in opendkim.conf. All
of them should be writeable by everyone. The current one (/var/tmp)
looks like this:
drwxrwxrwt. 2 root root 4096 Oct 20 21:40 tmp

I've also created a /var/opendkim directory and set the owner to
opendkim:opendkim and did chmod 777, but had the same results. Ditto
with the default (/tmp).

If any of my configuration would be helpful to troubleshoot this, please
let me know and I can post it. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

John